Monday, May 12, 2008

My decent into domestication...


I just had a moment of clarity. The fitted sheet that has been taunting me with its weird angles and uneven fold finally gave up the fight. I didn’t even give it its normal moment of glory this time. I didn’t sigh. I didn’t curse. I will say that it has been bunched up on the dining room table for the last couple days. But it couldn’t see me. It was buried under some towels. However, this morning I picked it up without thinking and somehow managed to fold it into a neat little square! Some of you might say I have too much time on my hands. I say maybe but that fold sure did give me a high this morning!

Recently I have been experiencing a battle with my decent into domestication. Most days I lose to the previous days dinner dishes or the eight (yes I said eight) loads of laundry. Those once neat piles of clothing have started spilling out and hurdling themselves all over the hallway. I haven’t quite figured out how the clothes actually propel themselves out of the baskets I put them in.

On top of all that I just realized that the moment I finally put everything away I have to start all over again. This concept is where the battle begins and ends. I mean where is my Rosie? George and Jane Jetson had it made as far as I am concerned. Rosie cleaned the house, did the laundry and served dinner right out of her belly. As creeping as that sounds, the dinner actually coming out of her robot stomach, today I wouldn’t turn it down.

Oh well it all starts again tomorrow. Except tomorrow I have to deal with the oil leak in my car! What are you going to do? C’est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment