Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Oh anixety how do I loathe thee...let me count the ways...



1.It is 5:12am and I can't sleep...
2.I have been composing this blog in my head since 4:03am...
3.The cat has a hair ball...
4.The carpet in my bedroom needs to be vacuumed...
5.The dishes in the sink are taunting me...
6.My husband's favorite shirt smells like mildew because I left it in the washing machine for much too long...
7.It is 5:16am and I still can't sleep
8.There is a rather large purple couch in my dining room...
9.My "office" needs to be organized
10.The reason we rented this place was for the luxurious screened in porch and it is rapidly becoming a homage to Sanford and Son...
11.I need to write thank you notes...
12.It is 5:20am and yes no sleep still writing about it...
13.The sheets could wash themselves at this point...
14.I am a housewife...
15.I am a jewelry designer...
16.No, today I am a housewife and failing miserably...
17.I have rewashed the shirt twice and it still seems like mildew...
18.Even if I get it all done I have to start it all over again tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Something I wrote on Thursday of this week. I thought it might help to let you know that you are NOT alone in feeling the way you do!!

    ---------------------------------
    If I were the person I wanted to be:

    The laundry would all be washed by the end of each day, and put away, too. My husband would never be rushing to find clothes in the morning before work, only to find them wrinkled, because I would take the time to iron them out and hang them up. Nothing will have stains, because I would pretreat the stains as soon as they happen. We would all have enough socks. They wouldn't be stained up, and we would always have matching pairs in each of our drawers. I would separate the clothes before I washed them. You know, WHITES, COLORS, DARKS. We would never have a "floordrobe" (see sentence 1), which would mean the dog wouldn't have the opportunity to chew the buttons off of my new shirt.

    Speaking of the dog ---

    If I were the person I wanted to be, the dog would never pee or poop in the house, because I would let her out immediately after she eats. I would take her on walks every single day, and train her not to bark so much, and not to run wild when she gets loose. I would make sure to set aside the money each month to get her properly groomed so that she didn't shed so much.

    If I were the person I wanted to be, the house would stay clean and sanitized. I know it's going to get dirty, but not for long, because I would be right there with spray bottle in hand, to clean up each spill and crumb as soon as they fall. We would all put our dishes in the dishwasher, instead of the sink, when we use them. The floor would be swept every night. If I did all of this, the house would always be fairly clean.

    If I were the person I wanted to be, I would prepare all of our meals. They would be nutritious and wholesome. They would fill up my husband, yet still be healthy. I would've convinced my oldest son to at least try new foods by now. I would have a lunch for my husband to take to work and Hunter to take to school ready to go each night, and waiting in the fridge. It would be something different and creative each day. Not PB&J. My husband would never have to, or want to, eat fast food for lunch. Dinner would be on the table at 6:00pm every single night. My fridge would be filled with baggies of "Deceptively Delicious" purees.

    If I were the person I wanted to be, I would weigh about 130 lbs., and wear a size 4/6. I would exercise daily, but in a way that the whole family is involved, so as not to take any time away from them. Plus, it would teach the boys to be more physically active.

    If I were the person I wanted to be, the kids would always have what they need for art projects and activities, because I would have shopped for them the week before. We would do an art project every day. I would never raise my voice to my kids. I wouldn't be tired so much.

    If I were the person I wanted to be.

    ReplyDelete