Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Ah...married life," she said with a sarcastic sigh!

Was anyone else blissfully unaware of the reality of living with one person day in and day out? I really kind of thought it was like a tv show.

Me the happy homemaker/artist wearing my cute little 50's style dresses happily preparing my hubby's martini for him after a hard days work (again this is all being said with a very sarcastic tone). Him the ever devoted extremely motivated business man who rushes home at the end of the day to greet me with open arms.

YEAH RIGHT!

Cut to reality and the fact that I am sitting alone in my new house furiously writing my husband an apology note via email. I have fallen short as a partner and I am not sure how to fix it. I am someone who struggles with depression while also having extreme focus issues. But the truth is I can talk about it until I am blue in the face but the only solution is to shut up and do my part!

Does anyone else feel they fall short at times? How do you manage to pick up your dignity while at the same time tuck under your tail and say, "I'm sorry baby?"

2 comments:

  1. I have felt bad ever since I got pregnant and couldn't do things like feed the dogs (b/c the smell of the food makes me sick). I also feel bad that Christopher has to clean up my vomit. We all fall short in reality of what we'd like to be, but I try to apologize up front before I can get a sarcastic remark and vow to wake up the next day and do the best I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Glenn and I will be celebrating 7 years of marriage at the end of this month, and I can tell you this, it has been 7 years of "I'm sorries". The fact is that everyone who can call themselves husband or wife will tell you that marriage is WORK! I think almost everyone gets married with the same kind of picture that you painted, but in reality all you can do is work, work, work to make it right. There are going to be times that you hate him, there are going to be times that you're overwhelmed with love for him, but just remember that at the end of the day, you're both doing your best to be a good partner. :)

    ReplyDelete