Monday, December 29, 2008

The After Christmas Blues


Every year I tell myself I am not going to get down after Christmas. Every year I try to think of ways to be excited as I usher in a new year but alas it never works. I am that crazy Christmas lady who forgets every year that life does go on after Christmas. It isn't just the presents and decorations anymore either...it has now become the friends and family that I miss.

I miss the way people behave during the Christmas holiday. My friends and family seem to be so much more relaxed and easy going. Everyone has time to linger around the dining room table or chat a little longer at Starbucks. These are a few of the reasons Christmas time is even more special than it was when I was a child. Gone are the days of waiting for that new Barbie Dream Cottage or the latest NKOTB album. What has replaced it is a thousand times more valuable.

As I get older I realize how important my friends and family are to me. I feel blessed to have so many wonderfully supportive people in my life. Christmas reminds me of this every year. So maybe this year I will try to let that feeling lift my after Christmas blues as well as help usher in a new year.

How do you get over the after Christmas blues? What are you most looking forward to in 2009?

2 comments:

  1. When did you stop hoping for the last NKOTB album???? I can't believe I didn't make it to their show this fall ;)

    Hey - what's this crockpot spice recipe of your mom's you mentioned in your Halloween post? I think I might need it for next fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I will tell her to email it to you it is so yummy and fills the house!! It could not have been too long ago that I stopped wishing for that NKOTB album;)!

    ReplyDelete