Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's Resolutions!

I never take my New Year's resolutions to heart. I never hold myself accountable for any changes I want to make. If I go into a depressive non motivated period I always let myself off the hook for anything and everything. Maybe it is just my own personal survival mode but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!! I keep wondering, "How old I am going to be when it finally clicks." I am so sick of wondering, so sick of waiting for my life to change for the better. I know again I am putting so much pressure on myself but I think I may be finally old enough!!!

My New Year's resolution is to live in the now. I understand now how fleeting time can be. Of course there are a million and one things to get done everyday! This resolution is about finding a way to handle all those things in a way that doesn't send me into a frozen couch potato coma. A coma that when I wake has me saying where did the time go?

What is your New Year's resolution?

4 comments:

  1. I'm attempting to not stress over things I can't control... we'll see how long that lasts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Amy, how quick did you break that resolution??? Mine was to get my eating under control. Between my tummy troubles that are aggravated by my poor eating habits and the fact that my baby weight is suddenly making a reappearance since I stopped nursing..... But I keep finding excuses to put it off. January's not over yet, right? Maybe I'll get started February 1st....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously and I do not have baby weight to blame!! I am starting a new blog today about my other resolution to get my eating under control but only after I finish this bag of Famous Amos cookies;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not too late! I always consider Mondays a fresh start... the whole New Year thing is too unrealistic.

    ReplyDelete