Monday, January 25, 2010

A New Day.


Well, well, well...it is 6:03am on a MONDAY and I am awake. Not only awake but I have successfully picked my tired a$$ out of bed and worked out!! I am not talking about begrudgingly waking up only to drag my bloated comatose body down the stairs. I mean I got out of bed, went downstairs, stretched my creaking bones and did PILATES!! And do you know what? I had forgotten what my almost 5 years working at a pilates studio had done for me...made me love it.

I have gotten so stiff and heavy in the last couple of years. Never wanting to admit this to myself, I just kept ignoring the warning signs. I could see could see the changes in the mirror but I ignored it. I think I became desensitized to my own reflection. On a lighter note (no pun intended) slowly but surely my body is remembering how wonderful exercise can feel.

Everyday is a struggle for me. Everyday it will get easier I know that it is just admitting to myself how little respect I have had for my health over the last ten years. It can be depressing but I guess knowing if half the battle.

I think about things like being able to go for a hike without getting winded to find inspiration. Hiking to a peak and finding a view that take your breath away. I miss that type of beauty in my life. My new healthy goal for this week is to take a hike on Saturday.

Do you set small goals every week? What are some of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment