Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Real Man

I never had close male friends growing up. If I am being perfectly honest they scared the you know what out of me. Therefore I never knew how amazing a man could be. I was scared of them so I decided they were all the stereotype had made them out to be. Selfish, egotistical, and narrow minded. I know harsh but I had many, many barriers up as to not get my feelings hurt. Hindsight is, of course, 20/20!!

Until the day I met my future husband, I had little faith in finding that someone who would get me better than I get me. In walks Zan P. Broussard a real life knight in shining armor. He is the unabashed romantic, football watching, best friend of my dreams. Today is a week shy of our two year anniversary and I wanted to celebrate the very true essence of a real man.

A Real Man

A real man will go to the grocery store and make dinner just because he wants to be helpful.
A real man will hold you when you cry without being asked to do so. He just knows and loves so deeply that he is confident it will calm the storm.
A real man knows that women are delicate as well as tough as nails.
A real man doesn't force you to be anything other than yourself.
A real man works hard to help you achieve your dreams and goals.
A real man is unafraid to share his secrets.
A real man does not have the answer all the time.
A real man is not afraid to admit the one above.
A real man is not afraid of you (much to my dismay ;p) and therefore doesn't let you get away with anything.
A real man does not come along everyday.
A real man must be loved and taken care of just the way you would want to be cared for.
A real man is delicate as well as tough as nails.

It takes courage and confidence to be A Real Man in this day and age. If you have one do not be afraid to tell him.

To my real man I say, "I love you beams more everyday we are together. I feel so blessed that we found each other and even more privileged that we get to journey through life together".

2 comments:

  1. "A real man does not have the answer all the time.
    A real man is not afraid to admit the one above."

    Word.

    Happy anniversary to you both! xoxo

    ReplyDelete