Monday, February 8, 2010

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!!!


I will admit I cry over many different things. Some of these things are very silly like the time I was brought tears as the awards were being given out at a cheerleader competition on ESPN. That's right I said ESPN as in on TV. I know it's weird but that is me. Of course the normal occasions such as weddings and funerals can turn me into a blubbering fool as well. Last night it was a different situation...THE SAINTS WINNING THE SUPERBOWL!!! I know seems cheesy even to a professional mourner like me!

In 2008 I married a French Cajun born and raised on the bayou. If you have ever been to the bayou then you know what a deep rich lovely thing it is to be connected to a French Cajun. The Cajun roots run so deep. Deep into the earth bound by life and death. Colored rich by the stories passed down from generation to generation. I am sure my husband thinks me silly but that's ok. Secretly I know he is proud of the richness of his heritage. I appreciate being connected even if only through marriage.

So needless to say last night's win really got to me. My husband's family has been so excited. That is what you do if you are from the Bayou. You support and encourage the best in everyone especially when what's riding behind it is the faith and rebirth of a city. Therefore I cried. They were happy tears but overwhelming just the same. As my husband's family says, "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment