Friday, March 19, 2010

Put It Down And Walk Away For Awhile

Okay I think I will. I am feeling creatively stunted. I am putting one idea away for awhile and marinating on a new subject for the weekend.

When I was trying to decide what to do with my life in the latter years of my momentous college experience (we will give that sentence a wink, wink and a nudge, nudge for my cinema partner in crime Micki ;)) I would spend hours asking myself different questions. Questions like: "What do I want to do that would make me excited to get out of bed every morning?" or "What can I do that is both seemingly glamorous but also quietly creative?" If you know me well then you know that I am a bit out there. However, I choose to embrace it as the quality that makes me different. I'd like to think that by embracing it I come off as "normal" (normal meaning sane ;)). I guess you would call me a dreamer with realistic intentions. Long story even longer I found jewelry. It was a love affair in the beginning but currently a thorn in my side.

I love the jewelry making process but I am stunted. I am ignoring it for the weekend and focusing on something else. As I am sure this is part of every artist's creative journey I am fulling embracing it. This new embrace has left me feeling alert and fresh so I am sure I am doing something right!! Who knows what will come of it? It may lead to really great deals on spectacular gemstones or it may lead smack into my Spring collection. For today, it leads me to a wedding in the Great Smoky Mountains. I am thinking snow capped mountains at Christmas or possibly wildflowers and a running stream on the cusp of Spring. Stay tuned if you want and my everyday sanity may return...or not!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl...I know you're a super fabulous jewelry designer but you're a pretty darn good writer too. Perhaps a book down the road?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lady what a compliment!! Wouldn't that be fun!! For now I am trying desperately to find focus in SOME direction. I hope you are well!!

    ReplyDelete