Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Two Years And Counting!!

Z and I just returned from a glorious weekend away in the mountains for our 2 year anniversary! It was so wonderful. There is nothing like a vacation away from your everyday reality. I was so desperate for a get-a-way!! If you are anywhere close to the Gatlinburg area think about a weekend trip to a cozy chalet. We stayed at Brother's Cove in Sevierville, TN (a less expensive alternative to actual Gatlinburg and only 20 minutes away!!).

My first introduction to Brother's Cove was for my bachelorette weekend almost three years ago. The prices are extremely reasonable. The cabins are spacious and modern. Z and I spent almost the entire trip watching the sun rise and set from the hot tub!! The only picture the website does not show you is of the cabins resting ominously on concrete platforms and metal posts!! Eek!! Imagine our stomachs as our car winded its way up the steep mountain road only to be greeted by a cabin hanging over the side!!!
I will admit the first night was rough for me. I woke up every time Z turned over screaming, "The house is falling forward. Did you feel that? I am not making this up. Can't you feel how the floor slopes?" First night aside I was finally able to relax and enjoy the breath taking view. It reminded both of us how important it is to get away every so often. It replenishes the soul. Everyone is more fun in VACATION MODE!!!!

Two years have flown by and I do try to cherish every moment. It all goes by so quickly. What this year will bring I have no idea but I plan to make the most of every minute!!
P.S. Arthur says he is still watching you!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, that reminds me of the house in the Series of Unfortunate Events books.
    I bet the view was incredible though.
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! It totally was!! And the view was inspirational. Once the fear subsided I had fun! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete