Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Weekend (so far) in Photos...

Happy Independence Weekend fellow bloggers and fellow blog readers!! I hope this holiday weekend is finding you relaxed, refreshed, and revived!! I know I am and it is only Saturday afternoon. It has already been a whirlwind of a last couple of days. The madness started Thursday night with my metal sculpture class and ended this afternoon with a beautiful wedding. Here are some photos care of my blackberry (so please excuse the graining pics ;))!!

Back to school! Oh how I long to be a full time art student at Watkins!!

I love the smells, the art, the construction (Watkins is currently being renovated). I am usually there about an hour early. I love sitting in the hallway sketching or blogging. It makes me feel like I am a student again!

An example of the amazing student work that adorns most of the walls.


My teacher Matt Alexander letting some of us give the torch a try!!


Friday night was the Sounds game with my extended family in town from Chicago and Egypt! I am not normally a fan of baseball but the universe was on my side as it was a cool 81 degrees.


Of course any of you that know me know that I am completely obsessed with my baby girl niece, Edith Jane. So I decided to put together a EJC compilation from the Sounds game.


A girl after my own heart!! Gotta to get her obsessed with the jewels at an early age to insure she will want to spent time with her "An Nane" making jewelry for years to come!!

It was clear she was losing her patience at this point. Can't you tell from the glassy look in her eyes?

Had to throw in one of me and my babes!!

Most of Saturday was spent at our friends Whit and Meg's wedding at Saint Mary of the Seven Sorrows downtown followed by an absolutely fabulous reception at the Wildhorse Saloon. Much love and congrats to both Meg and Whit!!

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing the photos of Watkins. I wish I could go back and take some classes too! Seth and I met when we in school there, but that was when it was downtown where the new library is. Memories, memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shawna! We are slightly if not totally obsessed with that child!

    Hi Amanda! How are you? I love Watkins and I am starting to love my class!

    ReplyDelete