Thursday, December 30, 2010


I love Christmas for so many reasons. I love having an excuse to feel like a kid again. I love hanging out with my family and repeating every year the traditions that my parents started when my sister and I were young (waking each other up, coffee brewing, fire crackling, taking our time unwrapping gifts and sharing stories). My most recent love is watching my little baby niece, Edith Jane, on Christmas morning. I never thought my heart could feel so full but she is so amazing to me. I love how everything is fantastic to her...that is until it is not and for a two year you never know...but even her tantrums are cute (sorry my sister I am sure you could do with fewer of these ;)). My heart feels even more full when I think about next Christmas when there will be a new addition to our clan, EWC. But most of all I love spending time with the love of my life looking at our Christmas tree and talking about how the year has been good to us.

So as 2010 draws to a close I remember that time is fleeting. I remind myself how important it is to worry less and to love more. And most importantly I remind myself to be thankful for another year on this earth to love and to be loved. Happy 2011!


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful blog! Your thoughts are so lovely! What a very hopeful way to look at the year to come. I love you lots and look forward to spending some of that year with you and Zan!! Mom

    ReplyDelete