Monday, January 10, 2011

Living An Authentic Life


I live an authentic life. Or at least I try my very best to live an authentic life. I feel it is a rite of passage to fully embrace being authentic. Authentic meaning many things but first and foremost it means being comfortable with who you are in the world. For many years the notion of "keeping up with the Joneses" (whoever the Joneses are ;@) seemed to define me. I would tell myself that when I get to this point or when I have that thing, I will be truly happy. Don't get me wrong it is a constant struggle but it has gotten easier over the years.

My thirties as well as my husband have given me such a larger sense of the word. I owe a lot as of late to my husband. He still struggles with his own need to find a place that is comfortable for him in the world. He has taught me the most about being authentic. And for the overall peace it has given to me I am so great full. I think he is just authentic...always has been...always will be. He comes from a place that is nothing but authentic. A place where there is no time to worry about the Joneses. He is grounded in faith and lives a very moral life (yes, I know I found me a goodin').

Anyway, just felt like sharing. Authenticity feels so good and should be contagious because we all know that life goes by in a blink. Why not be true to yourself? For better or worse, the world will surely be a more interesting place.

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of the woman you are becoming! I love reading your blog! You have such insight and sensitivity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies. I appreciate your kind words.

    ReplyDelete