Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Hood...

This image is borrowed from Nostalgiaville
 

Ask yourself this, "Do you love your neighborhood?" I can honestly say I use to not like my neighborhood at all!! Mainly because everything I knew from 1986-present revolved around West Nashville. Friends, family, work, social life, sanity, etc. all the way on the other side of the world if you ask my friends and family ;). But I realize now I never gave my neighborhood a chance. I live in the most picturesque little gem of a neighborhood called Old Hickory Village. We have a lake mere blocks away from our front door, sidewalks, a marina, and some of the most creative people I HAVE EVER MET!!! We have painters, musicians, bakers, party throwers. We sure could give East Nashville a run for it's money. Well maybe not quite yet, but we are working on it. All we need now is a few fabulous little restaurants and a funky coffee shop (check off coffee shop...opening soon with a drive thru!!!). I just wanted to post about something real, something happening in my normal everyday life that makes me proud to be a home owner on Lawrence St. in The Village of Old Hickory.

FYI I know neighbors, my home does not look like this anymore but it is the nicest one I have ;)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment