Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Little Things...


I have known since date #3 that my husband was my soul mate. Although if you hear him tell it I was trying to dump him after date #1. Did I believe in soul mates before I met him, no. But as we journey through life together I am forever being reminded of how I use to ask my mom if there was someone out there for me. She would always gladly start into a story of how he was growing up somewhere thinking the same things about me. "Tall, dark, and handsome with a three letter name", she would say. Psychic much mother?

So anywhoo there are times I have trouble with extreme sadness over random things (i.e. circa 1980's movies about little girls with Leukemia, the movie Always had me tore up for a good two weeks, etc.) and today was a real zinger! Silly as it may sound I bawled my eyes out this morning when I realized that the little baby bird we tried to save last night had died. This husband of mine put this little bird in a box and tried to feed it (I can just see him rolling his eyes right now as he reads this, his man card being blown to bits ;)). I am sorry, no I am not sorry. I married a gem. So you can imagine the swelling of my heart and the tears in my eyes when I saw the tiny cross in our backyard. Because while the animal's death did not bring him to tears he saw how it affected me and wanted to make it better. And that is my gem, my soul mate.

2 comments:

  1. and that just made me cry. he is a keeper, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm crying! Sorry about thew bird. :(

    ReplyDelete