Friday, July 20, 2012

Are you misunderstood?

Are you? Do speak your mind because life has taught you that if you don't then most everyone will walk all over you, assume you agree with them, or worse yet think you believe they are right? I spent most of my younger years afraid of everything, agreeing with what everyone said. I did this to be a nice, polite, understanding young woman, a good girl.

But you know what happened? I lost myself? Maybe I did not truly lose myself because how much do we really know about ourselves in our youth? I did, however, find a deep all encompassing depression. A depression that kept me trapped inside my apartment for days wondering where my happiness and my youth had gone.

It turns out there is this long lovely journey required to owning your own feelings and opinions. And, in the end, if you cannot love yourself, you will never know the happy independence of not taking anyone's crap.

I write all of this down because I think as women we do not truly (without saying shit behind each other's back) encourage each other along this beautiful journey to self awareness. Can you imagine the world issues we could solve with a little help from our sister wives?

No comments:

Post a Comment